Straight hair has always been popular among women since the 1890’s. Earlier hot combs and steams were used to straighten out the hair but now days the modern women have shifted to more easy and convenient method i.e. the permanent hair straightening.There are present a number of permanent hair straightening methods but it is important to have knowledge about the different techniques before selecting the appropriate one for taming your frizzy hair.
Effective methods of hair straightening
- Hair Relaxers: The hair relaxer method has been around the longest. The relaxers are used to tame the curly hair. It is the most cost effective hair straightening treatment. However, you cannot opt for this treatment if you have applied hair color or your hair has already been processed. The hair relaxers are of two types the lye and no-lye relaxers. The lye relaxers have more active chemical ingredients than the no-lye relaxers.
- Brazilian hair straightening: The Brazilian hair straightening is also known as keratin hair straightening or Brazilian Blowout. This treatment eliminates the hair frizz and lasts for about three months. The process of keratin hair straightening is quiet simple; a keratin solution is applied on the overall length of your hair and then sealed in place using a flat iron.
- Cool Smoothing: The cool smoothing is chemical based hair straightening treatment. This hair straightening process uses chemical rather than heat to straighten out the hair. The cool smoothing is semi-permanent; its effect will start to fade away if you stop using the hair straightening products. It lasts lesser time than the thermal conditioning methods. The only advantage this method holds over the other treatments is that if you don’t like the straight hair you can shift back to your natural hair easily.
- Japanese hair straightening: It is the most popular salon procedure. The Japanese hair straightening lasts for about six months. This hair straightening procedure include applying a cream to condition the hair. Then the hair is straightened using flat iron. The third step involves applying some chemical to set the hair in place and then rinsing it out using a conditioner. The final step involves blow drying the hair. The whole procedure takes about 90 minutes but the results totally worth it.
- At home hair straightening treatment: This hair straitening treatment is good for the women who have knowledge about straightening the hair on their own. This treatment is more cost effective and follows the same procedure as the hair straightening salon. However, caution must be taken to prevent over-processing of hair.